Sunday 12 October 2014

Bithday party GRWM!

Hey guys! I wanted to mix things up a little today so I am doing a 'Get Ready With Me' for a friends' party! I chose autumnal colours and themes for my outfit and make up!

I wore a NewLook burgundy dress (recent purchase) which went really nicely with my 2", brown, leather, saddle boots (and tights of course)! The colours compliment each other and the combo will be recurring in Autumn and Winter!




I feel like vanilla is a very warm smell so of course I went for Madagascan Vanilla Flower from The Body Shop as my scent for the evening!


On to make up ---->  I started off with my Vitamin E 'Aqua Boost Sorbet' as my face cream, accompanied by my Simple Rapid Action Spot Zapper (holy grail). This sinks I really quickly and makes a nice base for any make up that you follow up with. It also keeps your concealer in place well because of its' formula.


I then applied two layers of concealer around the eye area. The first being Bourjois Paris 'Healthy Mix' and then Laura Mercier's concealer pot! They mesh well together as they are two different tones - so they blend nicely.


As I have oily skin - I  set the concealer and reduce shine with my The Body Shop setting powder compact in 06! I also use my Models Own Kabuki brush.


For my eye shadow I wanted a look that had a little pizzazz - so I combined two pallets to create a coffee, pinky shimmer. I used my nude from the Revlon Colourstay as a base 1 and the pink from my Wet'n'Wild 'Walking on Eggshells' as base 2. I then blended the coffee colours from both in my crease! I also used the 'Brow bone' shade on my brow bone!


(I will insert a picture of my Real Techniques brushes below which I use throughout the look.)


I then curled my lashes with the FCUK eyelash curler and applied my Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara!




My blusher was the cover girl 'Natural Glow' blush which is a natural, peachy shade.


One of my favourite products of all time comes next - The Soap and Glory Hocus Focus liquid highlighter! I applied this to my cheekbones, tip of my nose and my chin!


The last piece of make up I used was my Dior 'Vintage' lipstick (a beautiful nude shade).


As accessories go - I went for the rose gold studs from my Accesorize set!


I also painted my nails a nude colour form the Rimmel London, Kate Moss collection!


I hope you enjoyed todays blog - there will be another one up later today - see you next week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment