Sunday 16 November 2014

Beauty bits and bobs x

 




Hey everyone! Sorry I missed last weeks' blog - I wanted an actual topic to ramble on about! This week I will be covering a beauty bits and bobs haul! All but two of these items are from Sainsbury's so I will specify on those two! Enjoy x
 
This is just a picture and a small panorama of my vanity with the items laid out on it!







 
This is my Garnier Micellar water. I usually use Bioderma as a make up remover but as you can only get it in France it seemed sensible to find a cleanser that you can buy in England. As the area around my eyes is very sensitive I wanted something gentle but actually got eyeliner, cream shadow and mascara off! My sister recommended this to me so we popped into Boots to get some! I am really loving it and it doesn't leave stickiness around my eyes after usage!

As I was running low on face cream I wanted to try a few before have a decided favourite. Previously I had used the Vitamin E face sorbet as a hydrating but not greasy cream but I was running low and I do not have a Body Shop nearby. And as I was loving the zinc spit zapper wand from Simple - I thought I would give the spit zapping zinc face cream a try? I have only used it once and I am still getting used to the formula but it tends to leave my face tacky and I'm not sure...


My never ending search to find a powder had continued until two weeks ago! This Maybelline Matte Maker powder is fantastic. It stays on for most of the day and doesn't look cakey. I always apply powder with a Kabuki brush so it doesn't end up looking light pasty foundation!


Maybe my favourite hair product of all time? My thirst for a hydrating hair mask has officially been quenched. This smells like coconuts, mangos and happiness! After shampooing you apply this and leave it on for five minutes - then rinse! Simple, fast and works wonders! It leaves me with soft but not greasy hair! As I tend to split the end of my hair when I brush it - I use this twice a week. I am in love.


The other face cream I was trying out was actually a success! This Garnier moisture match it brilliant. Because of the formula - it matches your skins' oiliness to know how to tackle the excess sebum. It is really light and hydrating - another miracle found! My only criticism is that there isn't enough!


I have yet to try this MaxFactor foundation/powder compact. It is super sleek and would fit in any hand bag or clutch. It has a decent sized, clear mirror and a sponge so you don't need to carry brushes around with you (though I am planning to use me Real Techniques buffing brush). I am very excited to try this!


This isn't particularly interesting unless you create the Thursday Plantation Tea Tree oil? I briefly picked up some of this after trying out the body shop oil and buffer (in the picture below). It works like magic on the skin! :)


Again unless you work for Dove this won't be exciting - I love the pomegranate Dove deodorant so I grabbed some of that!


This product should take your fancy (I hope)? This is the Rimmel London thick and thin eyeliner in 001 Black. As I am still a practicing eye liner student I thought I should get to know the feel of the felt tip like eyeliner? Very excited to try this but I can't say that the first try was a time for rejoice...


My lovely father grabbed my all time favourite perfume for me at an airport! This is Lil' Angel Harajuku Doll by Gwen Stefani. This smell is so nostalgic and makes me smile. I have never loved a perfume more and would seriously recommend it!


My favourite body scrub from dirty works was in so I took the chance and bought it. You scrub in the shower and it melts off! It works like a charm and leaves a tropical smell all day!


I am proud to say I have invested in 1. a lip pencil sharpener and 2. a red lip product! Omg. I usually never go for red as I think it looks gaudy on me - but to tone it down I got a pencil which I can blend out! It is a Maybelline Coloursensational. I also picked up a Bourjois lip pencil sharpener after being so desperate I used a regular one and ruined the nib of my other lip pencil :(


My final purchase was a Mudd mask as my skin has been in really bad condition! Hopefully this will clear it up. I really like how its a bottle cap top so avoids mess! Points to Mudd for great design skills! Very exciting! :P


Thank you for reading my blog and celebrations for 11,594 page views! Thanks so much! AS it is my birthday soon - I also have a surprise for all of my readers! You will see in December! See you next week xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment