Monday 19 May 2014

My winged liner look!

Hey guys! It's that time again... Exam season! Or at least for most UK schools, so I might not be posting this Wednesday - but will definitely upload on Sunday! Anyway - for my Sunday post, I wanted to tell you of a new look I have been going for. It is the the winged liner or 'cat eye' look. Now, obviously by the pictures - you can tell I am not a pro, but I have only done it once or twice! So today I will telling you of my views on good/bad products and will be sharing any tips I can! Enjoy...
So - this is a close up shot of my right eye, open and closed. I am only wearing some MAC NC20 Concealer on my lid (to hide discolouration) and my Collection Mascara (for lash volume), but my new found liner love is the No17 Cream Liquid Liner in jet black. 
This liner is amazing for cat eyes or flicks because of its' unique brush:
It is super thin and full of liquid - making it easier to get as close to the lash line as possible! It is not dry like other liners, so this makes sweeping it across very easy and usually makes it even!

The most common mistake made with liquid or gel liner is that one eye is disproportionate against the other. One is usually fine and smudge free, while the other can turn out to be thick and uneven! But with this liner, it is less if an issue! It has really easy application and great pigmentation - ensuring that it doesn't go translucent or watery in the tube! Those are most of my raves about my liner - but my last is that is a decent size and would fit well in a make up bag!

Now on to any tips! Many people are looking for tips on how to apply winged liner, and though I am not a professional - I am happy to share ☺️

1. I would advise to have a decent liner for starters - the process is already easier from here!
2. Always have a steady hand - there is no reason to be nervous, for if it goes wrong - you can take it off!
3. Never experiment with full eye make up on already - if it goes badly - the whole eye will have to be re-applied! 
4. Also do not experiment when you are going out and you don't have enough time - rushing yourself or ruining your whole evenings' make up (only hours before) will put you in a flustered and hasty mood!
5. Test the liners' think ness on your hand before application - this way you know how firmly you have to apply it and how much to put on! 
6. Be as calm as possible and even if it goes wrong - don't rule out winged liner forever!
7. Keep near the lash line and use a firm, steady, sweeping action! Bravo!

I hope you have enjoyed today's blog and have found it useful! Before  I go, I am going to put some pictures of other liners you could use and my thoughts! 💕

Here we have the Jelly Pong Pong eye pencil in a brown with gold flecks - I really like this for tight lining or going along both top/bottom water lines! I personally feel that these are not as good for winged liner!

Here we have the RIMMEL Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal liner in 012 Bronze. Again - like  the Jelly Pong Pong - I feel that it is better for tight lining and is one of my favourite products to work with along my waterline!

Now - we have the infamous Eyeko Skinny Mini liquid liner in Black! I was truthfully disapointed by this product! I got it for free at Boots (UK store) when I was buying cosmetics with a friend - now this does not mean it was of less value (or worse) than any other Eyeko product! In fact - the Eyeko products are quite expensive so I was not pleased! I had only use it once - and I went back to it a few weeks later - but it was dried out! I had shut the lid firmly and shaken it before and after use! No matter what I did - I couldn't revive it! Other Eyeko eye products are fantastic - but I found this one to be too thick, dry and the nib too spongey! But maybe I am being negative?

And a quick and useful holy grail for all of you: (come check on Wednseday just in case I upload, definitely come and read on Sunday xx)


No comments:

Post a Comment